Bioinformatician Position in the group
We are seeking a strongly-motivated bioinformatician to contribute to research projects in the fields of transcriptomics and genetic variant analysis. The successful candidate will collaborate with the research groups of computational genomics at the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics of the Pompeu Fabra University located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park, one of the most exciting interdisciplinary research centres in Southern Europe with more than 1400 scientists.
Candidates should have
- Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative or natural science discipline, including computer science, mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, or similar, with strong motivation for quantitative and computational approaches.
- Strong interest in contributing to research in biology and biomedicine.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems and shell scripting.
- Experience and fluency in several programming languages such as procedural (C, C++ or Java), scripting (Perl or Python) and functional (R).
- Experience with modern software development technologies such as version control systems (SVN, GitHub), automation (Makefile), unit testing and containerized distribution (Docker, AMI).
- Experience with the use of computing clusters.
- Experience with database management and programming (SQL, PHP).
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
WHAT WE OFFER
The successful candidate will work in a highly-stimulating research environment, carrying out development of software and data integration pipelines for the analysis of high-throughput genomics data such as DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ribo-seq, etc, from multiple sources, including the 100K genomes from Genomics England, the 1000 genomes project, GTEx, ExAC, etc. Additionally, this position will provide opportunities to pursue a research-oriented career.
This work will be developed in the context of the research projects led by theresearch groups of Mar Albà, Eduardo Eyras and Robert Castelo, which are part of the Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics, a joint research programme from the Pompeu Fabra University and the Hospital del Mar Research Institute located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park. The PRBB offers a unique stimulating environment to work in bioinformatics, with the possibility to attend multiple conferences, specialized courses and complementary skills workshops.
We offer an initial one-year contract with a gross salary of 21,500 EUR/year, with starting date November 1st or soon after that, and with the possibility of extending it over time.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV, a motivation letter and the contacts for at least two refereesto email@example.com including in the subject INB PT13/0001/0023, before October 1st.
Juan de la Cierva postdoc grants <application website>
Postdoc grants from the Generalitat (Beatriu Pinos) <application website>
PhD grants from the Generalitat (FI) <application website>
Grants from La Caixa Foundation <application website>
FPU/FPI grants from Spanish Government <application website>