I graduated in Biology in 2006 at the University of the Basque Country (EHU-UPV) and I did a master in Molecular evolution in 2007 at University of Barcelona (UB). I got my PhD at University Pompeu Fabra (UPF) in 2013 in the regulatory Genomics group. Currently I am a postdoc in Montpellier in Reini Luco’s lab.
My research focuses in the regulation of alternative splicing. I’m mainly interested in the role of epigenetics in the regulation of alternative splicing which also includes the role of nuclear non coding RNAs and their related proteins acting with the chromatin structure.
- Alló M*, Agirre E*, et al. Argonaute-1 binds transcriptional enhancers and controls constitutive and alternative splicing in human cells. To appear
- Agirre E & Eyras E. Databases and resources for human small non-coding RNAs. Human genomics.Vol 5, no3. 102-199. 2011
- Alló M, Schor IE, Muñoz MJ, de la Mata M, Agirre E, Valcárcel J, Eyras E, Kornblihtt AR. Chromatin and alternative splicing. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 75:103-11. 2011
- Alló M, Buggiano V, Fededa JP, Petrillo E, Schor I, de la Mata M, Agirre E, Plass M, Eyras E, Elela SA,Klinck R, Chabot B, Kornblihtt AR. Control of alternative splicing through siRNA-mediated transcriptional gene silencing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 16(7):717-24. 2009
- Plass M, Agirre E, Reyes D, Camara F, Eyras E. Co-evolution of the branch site and SR proteins in eukaryotes. Trens Genet. 24(12):590-4. 2008