The fabric of his brown trousers is shiny with age and he

Georgianne Nienaber Author Photographer

See these two images and remember canada goose outlet store new york what the REAL relationship is between DOG and people. Just as dolphins have been trained (forced) to be used in naval warfare, so too has DOG been misused and abused to separate him from goose outlet canada his Canada Goose UK sacred relationship with the Standing Rock People. This is truth and it should be known. and invested owners of the proposed North Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), have begun psychological warfare against peaceful protestors near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation. It will be a challenge for the persecuted to stay vigilant, stay strong and stay true to their beliefs. So far the People have remained nonviolent in the face of dog attacks on their bodies and their horses, while facing extreme psychic trauma in the form of desecration of graves canada goose factory outlet toronto location and sacred sites. On Saturday “sacred places containing ancient burial sites, places of prayer and other significant cultural artifacts of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe were destroyed by Energy Transfer Partners,” Tribal Chairman David Archambault II said in a press release.It has been four years since I have been in a cholera treatment center in Haiti and five years since the United Nations infected the Mirebalais River by dumping raw sewage from the Nepalese encampment into the waterway. The river system is forever contaminated and cholera will never be eradicated from this island nation that had never before experienced the deadly disease. What followed was lying, an attempted cover up by the United Nations, and a slow response to a disease which has now killed almost 10,000 and infected 731,000 since October 2012. But truth won canada goose outlet reviews out with the help of a courageous Brazilian Ambassador canada goose outlet paypal who was fired from the Organization of American States for speaking out.I stood outside the Nepalese camp on the banks of the Mirebalais River in 2010 and saw the sewage pipes before they were buried with rock. We knew then what was going to happen and also knew we were completely powerless to stop this new plague.So I found myself again this morning feeling completely helpless as I stood before THE BOOK of numbers at the hospital in St. Marc’s, where five years previously I walked through buckets of bleach to disinfect my boots before entering and leaving cholera ward. The ward is still there and it is still receiving patients 196 admissions so far this November and two deaths. The canada goose vest outlet book holds twenty names per page and is several inches thick. I hate that book. It is an evil book, and I walked through bleach again today on my way to see it.The charge nurse and I were looking through the names and dates and adding numbers when my friend and translator, Andre, called me into the ward. A young girl suffering two days into the disease https://www.canadagoose-coats.co.uk told Andre, in Creole, that she wanted the angel (me) to come and speak with her because God sent the angel and if she could only canada goose outlet england speak with the angel she would be healed. I am no angel and if there is any speck of angel in me it is of the fallen variety. only the second time in my career of witnessing these things I felt emotion. Usually I feel none and fear there is something wrong with me because I am numb most of the time. Maybe it is a blessing for those who are sick and dispossessed and wounded that witnesses do not cry. The last things they need are more tears.Seeing someone on a cholera cot is to see someone completely exposed and vulnerable. There is a hole cut in the center for the constant and interminable diarrhea and a bucket nearby for the vomiting. The hospital gown is stained because it cannot be changed fast enough.All I canada goose outlet online uk could do was hold her hand and say that there was nothing I could do, but that I would tell her story. There canada goose parka outlet was nothing, nothing I could do and I looked her straight in the eyes and said so. She said it was OK and that she felt better already. Maybe a lie; maybe the truth; I don’t know.I am fulfilling my promise canada goose outlet trillium parka black by telling you.Know also that the hospital does not have enough supplies; not enough rehydration fluids; and too few rapid detection tests. and millions of dollars sent to Haiti and a few boxes of rehydration fluids stand between these people and the morgue.American Airlines flight 201 is boarding at Gate D24; Miami International. Complete and creative chaos ensues as no one pays attention to boarding order or seat assignments. Flight attendants are in a frenzy of activity, shifting people around to their assigned seats and a woman refuses, saying it will be too difficult for her to move, so negotiations begin with the person who had the “right” to the choice seat in hopes he will accept lesser seating. He defers to the very ample woman who took his seat and accepts another. It is clearly a capitulation to age and perhaps the look on her face meaning the woman who pilfered his seat.While all this is happening, an elderly man slides into the seat next to me. I am on the aisle in 12C. canada goose outlet mall He takes the middle, 12B, and the flight attendant moves him to canada goose factory outlet vancouver the canada goose outlet near me window, 12A. He seems nervous. I can’t tell if he is embarrassed he was asked to move, or just unfamiliar with the particulars of flying. We greet each other with smiles and quickly determine that we will have no verbal means of communication. He speaks only Creole, so we canada goose shop uk do not have the option of canada goose outlet uk fake struggling through my pigeon Francais.As the 737 rumbled down the runway, St. Justaine, as I learn later is his name, makes the sign of the cross. He is as nervous as I am, so after greeting the Bird Nation and asking permission to be in their space, I hedge my bet and kiss the crucifix I wear. St. Justaine’s gesture to the Trinity gave me permission to do the same.I try to assess him. He has a tremor. Very slight in build. Old, but impeccably maintained clothes and shoes. The fabric of his brown trousers is shiny with age and he wears a black watch cap and a wedding ring. I wonder if his wife is still alive. We both try to sleep. He nudges me awake and is gesturing to me; asking for something. He moves his hand back and forth, back and forth. I think maybe he needs a pen and I produce one. He smiles. I found the answer. Not quite. He needs help filling out the customs and immigration forms. He cannot read. Now we are stuck because we need to communicate verbally and have no way to do so. He hands me his ID and that is when I learn his name. St. Justaine.I flag down a weary flight attendant, and she does canada goose outlet store calgary the paperwork. St. Justaine keeps thanking me, but I have really done nothing.Time to land. As we bump through the clouds on the final descent, St. Justaine is gripping the edges of his seat. I am nervous also and we smile our way through it.The usual mad scramble ensues to disembark and the ample woman, who could not move, moves swiftly enough into the aisle and disappears. finally make it to the jet way and feel a tap on my shoulder. It is St. Justaine saying goodbye. It has to do with a bone.Perhaps this bone is the bleached pelvis of a young deer. I don’t know. What I canada goose outlet sale do know is that the bone, exposed by the morning sun in the dry August grass of a prairie dog town in the North Dakota badlands, became an object of desire. As I picked it up and examined its inner and outer structure, the calcified inner layer of trabeculae unveiled a previously unseen world; triggering vivid thoughts of the life sustaining blood that once ran through the chambers.This piece of bone provided life and structure to a perfectly complete creature that ran beside its mother for only a brief time before something took it down. I felt connected, and as a result, I wanted more bone. Prairie dogs screeched alarm calls as I fruitlessly searched for more remnants of the pelvis. Was there not a rib, or a skull to be found nearby? A skull would be fine. But the broken piece of pelvis was my only prize.I felt disappointment and greed. I was hungry for more bone. Why was this happening? I do not have bones scattered about my office, or dangling from a string attached to the rear view mirror in my car. My most precious artifact is a large piece of mica found at an abandoned mine in South Africa. I do not collect bones, but the broken piece of pelvis now rests next to the mica and a ceramic snail that once belonged to Dian Fossey. Isn’t one bone enough?The bits of chemicals and salts that form the bone are not alive, but they were molded at creation and endure a monument to a once living creature. But need and desire are opposing forces. I know this. But I still want.Science offers many explanations for the existence of Wind Cave, one of the canada goose outlet us longest and most complex cave systems in the world. Only five to ten percent of the system has been explored and mapped, making it truly an experience that can be called “otherworldly.”But science offers a sterile explanation.Consider the location of Wind Cave, in the heart of the Black Hills; land sacred to the Lakota. Look at the LANDSAT canada goose sale uk satellite imagery and see the image of a heart. Wind Cave breathes and Mother Earth’s heart pumps a life force for the canada goose outlet london PEOPLE who had this sacred land stolen from them. I am saddened when I read “official” National Park Service publications that say no one knows who discovered Wind Cave!The Lakota have centuries of oral history, and a creation story that has survived. Oral tradition offers meaning and a preternatural prediction of what would happen to the people of the spirit world when they ventured through the opening of Wind Cave into what promised to be a good life on earth. the beginning, prior to the creation of the Earth, the gods resided in an undifferentiated celestial domain and humans lived in an indescribably subterranean world devoid of culture.” Lakota Wind Cave StoryInktomi, the Trickster, travels beneath the earth in the form of a wolf and convinced the people to follow him to the surface. The majority stayed behind, because this was against the wishes of the Creator, who wanted to canada goose outlet ottawa prepare the people for life on earth. It was not yet time. this first group arrives, it becomes obvious that Inktomi has tricked them. They cannot return to Wind Cave, there is no food, and they starve.

cheap Canada Goose

canada goose

canada goose store

buy canada goose jacket cheap

canada goose black friday sale

Canada Goose Jackets

canadian goose jacket

canada goose clearance sale

Canada Goose online

buy canada goose jacket

Canada Goose Outlet

Canada Goose Parka

Canada Goose sale

canada goose coats

canada goose deals

canada goose coats on sale

canada goose clearance.